Section 48 (SIAMS) Report
Woodchurch High School Church of England Academy underwent an Inspection under Section 48 of the Education Act, during July 2016. This 'Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools' (SIAMS), was the first inspection of this type the school has ever undergone, so we were absolutely delighted to be graded as OUTSTANDING.
The Inspection was extremely rigorous and involved meeting with groups of pupils, observing lessons and meeting / interviewing a great number of staff. The main strengths of the school were summarised thus:
- The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Woodchurch as a Church of England school are outstanding
- There is visionary and committed Christian leadership from the headteacher and other leaders. Christian values, including a concern to act with integrity and an aspiration to impart hope, inform all leadership decisions and relationships.
- Christian values are deeply embedded at all levels of school life. Students have an excellent understanding of their importance and readily apply the values to their own lives. Christian values effectively support the development of character and enhance learning.
- Collective worship is relevant and inspiring. The work of the chaplaincy team has been a key factor in the way in which the school's distinctive Christian character has developed and worship makes a significant contribution to pupils' understanding of Christian values.
- Excellent leadership of religious education (RE) results in outstanding progress. RE makes a valuable contribution to personal development.