OUR ETHOS AND VALUES
What makes our school distinctive is our Christian Ethos. It forms the basis of who we are and shapes the day-to-day life of the school.
Our Christian values provide us with a means to:
- Ensure everyone feels included
- Offer a strong pastoral support for students and staff
- Provide opportunities for reflection
- Encourage strong personal relationships
- Promote justice, truth and love for all people
- Celebrate the diversity within the school family.
As a school we believe in including our young people in the decision making process and so the Headteacher meets regularly with the School Forum to discuss issues affecting the school. The code of conduct which operates throughout the school has been drawn up in consultation with pupils and is underpinned by our Christian ethos. It is designed to create an atmosphere in which all pupils can make the best of their abilities and is based on common sense and consideration for others.